I am battled with Live Well Benefits, which is administrated by AON. I setup direct deposit and discovered AON would not active my United Health insurance until 01/01/16, which would go retro to 11/1/15. However, I need my insurance activated now (11/01) to cover expensive Rx drugs. I figured out by speaking with AON 2-3 times that mailing a check for Nov and Dec will active my insurance. My ins was activated after 1 week. However, in January AON deducted $4,144.92 from my checking account (direct debt) to pay premiums again for Nov and Dec, instead of just Jan. I demanded a refund for $2,615.32. I called back 3-4 time for status of my refund. Each time AON made a decision to apply over-payment to future premiums instead of fulfilling my request for refund. I told customer service I have no confidence in AON billing and was very concerned about overpaying again or I received new employer benefits.

Why can AON setup proper Cobra billing so that cobra insurance is reactivated in 7-10 days?

1) Can AON be fined for not properly reinstating insurance? I thought Cobra is federal law. To delay health reinstatement insurance should not be used as a loophole.

2) Why can't AON develop a proper Cobra insurance billing systems? I recall having similar expense with my wife's insurance in 2012. Again, cobra is a federal law and AON should fined by the government.

I am still waiting for my refund and had to compromise to apply pay to Feb premiums, which reduced my refund to $1085.72

This reviewer shared experience about problems with payment and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). The author is overall dissatisfied with Aon Hewitt. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Aon Hewitt.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Insurance category for more informed decision or compare Aon Hewitt to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Aon Hewitt?

Comments